Build the foundations of early learning! Johnnie Max supports the development of the whole child.
Literacy and Oral Language Skills
- Developing oral language and building vocabulary is at the heart of the Johnnie Max program.
- Children experience multiple exposures to robust PreK and academic vocabulary through guided presentations and explicit dialogic reading strategies in Teacher and Home Guides.
- Online vocabulary games provide practice for children and assessment data via the learning management system for teachers and caregivers.
- Explicit opportunities for supporting social-emotional development are built into video presentations and guided reading, each supported by Teacher and Home Guides.
- The program’s characters, Johnnie Max and Sarabella, model social-emotional development in relatable ways throughout The Adventures of Johnnie Max fiction series.
- Global awareness is at the very core of the program that is built around photographs of people, places, and animals from every continent on the planet.
- Locator maps in the eBooks locate the origin of each photograph.
- Early learners follow the adventures of Johnnie Max and Sarabella, who discover and share the beauty of each unique continent in The Adventures of Johnnie Max.
For more information on Johnnie Max and the NYC products, please visit them at Johnnie-Max.com